Soil Science Links
- Maine State Soil Website - the CHESUNCOOK series
- Official Soil Series Descriptions (OSDs)
- Field Indicators for Identifying Hydric Soils in New England, 2004
- National soil survey data including Online Web Soil Survey, Historical soil survey publications, Status and schedule, Laboratory and research data, and National Soil Characterization Data - National Soil Laboratory site specific data with search routines.
- Field Indicators of Hydric Soils in the United States -A Guide for Identifying and Delineating Hydric Soils, Version 7.0, 2010
- Regional Supplement to the Corps of Engineers Wetland Delineation Manual: Northcentral and Northeast Region, 2012
- Testing Wetland Delineation Indicators
in New England Boulder Fields, June 2012, by Robert W. Lichvar, Katherine E. Curtis, Jennifer J. Gillrich, and Lindsey E. Dixon
- The 2013 National Wetland Plant List. This interactive web site is described by Paul Minkin, U.S. A.C.O.E.: "By using the NWPL website, users
can sort and
download customized plant lists – e.g., just for the Northcentral/Northeast region, just Maine, or even just a county in Maine. This site will contain any changes
that are made to plant names, indicators, etc. (we are already working on the 2014 update). There are also assorted other tools – photos to help with identification,
county-level occurrence data, etc. – that are available on the site."
- Ksat Values For New Hampshire Soils, 2010
- Site-Specific Soil Mapping Standards For New Hampshire And Vermont, 2011
- Standards For A High Intensity Soil Map New Hampshire, 2008
- Published soil surveys for Maine (both web-based and hard copy.
- Soil Science Society of Northern New England
- MDEP Bureau of Land & Water Quality
- Department of Plant, Soil, & Environmental Sciences at UMO
- Maine Geological Survey with numerous mapping products of interest.
- Soil Taxonomy Forum, for the latest questions and answers in soil taxonomy/pedology/genesis.
- The Maine Agricultural and Forest Experiment Station web site and their publications, including the Soils of Maine and map.
Wetland Science Links